~*~Dear reader, I've moved this site to my personal one, and I will no longer be updating this site. You can find all "my diary" posts in the "Dear Daddy Diary" section of my blog. Here's the link to the posts: www.starbrightsite.com/category/dear-daddy-diary. Thanks for visiting!~*~

Friendship Takes Work

by Sharon Chimere-Dan

Dear Daddy,

I'm reading Dark Blue by Melody Carlson and I just read where the youth pastor, Mike, talks about You being a friend. And I realized something: a friendship takes work on both sides.

In our friendship I KNOW that You work and have worked...and will work! You've done a lot more than me (obviously). But I realized that I have to put in more effort. I will, through You. By Your grace and help, I will. Please show me how. Please help me stop being lazy and actually come away with You. Hang. Enjoy. Yet learn.

I want to be comfortable in You and with You, instead of always worrying or being self-conscious. Truly my Lord, I want You as my Best, Best Friend. Please let it be so.

Thank You
In Jesus' Name

Amen!

Lord Jesus, my Best Friend


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The amazing thing is that even in our responses to God, He is the one who is "doing the work," because we are incapable of responding to Him on our own!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster | Site by Chyka