~*~Dear reader, I've moved this site to my personal one, and I will no longer be updating this site. You can find all "my diary" posts in the "Dear Daddy Diary" section of my blog. Here's the link to the posts: www.starbrightsite.com/category/dear-daddy-diary. Thanks for visiting!~*~

Pride and Humility

by Sharon Chimere-Dan

Dear Daddy,

I noticed something while I was singing to You with the guitar. When I keep my focus on You, I play the song properly, but if I start to imagine performing and what people will think (and so my aim is no longer to please You) then I start messing up. I think (actually, I know) that applies to all of life. When we keep our eyes on You and humbly do stuff solely to please You, You help us and we get it done right, but if our aim is to impress people or draw attention to how good we are at something or other, pride can easily step in and make the whole thing crash.

Proverbs 18:12

Before destruction the heart of a man is haughty,

And before honor is humility.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster | Site by Chyka